Latest Kitchen and Bath Trends Revealed…..
Below is the latest industry bulletin from the NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association) regarding popularity of products and trends being seen within our business. Clean and contemporary is now very popular, with a neutral color-choice for cabinets and a “design statement” selection for backsplash and accessories to carry the color and the design theme.
According to the 2015 Kitchen & Bath Design Trends report transitional styles are most popular in kitchens, with contemporary not far behind. Transitional and contemporary are tied for most popular bathroom styles. The top 10 overall kitchen design trends NKBA expects for 2015 include:
• Clean with an overall contemporary feeling
• European-styled cabinets
• Multiples of appliances in one kitchen
• The rise of steam ovens
• Furniture-look pieces
• Outdoor kitchens
• Fewer standard kitchen tables, replaced by counters or tall gathering tables
• TVs and docking stations
• Wine refrigerators
• Focus on the user experience, from easy maintenance to accessible design
For the bathroom, NKBA cites these top 10 trends:
• Clean, white, contemporary designs
• Floating vanities
• Open shelving
• Electric heated floors
• Purple haze
• Trough sinks
• User experience (ease of use and maintenance) and accessibility
• Innovative storage
• Showers and freestanding tubs
White is the most common color scheme for both kitchens and bathrooms. Designers reported that kitchens with multiple color schemes are emerging. White and gray are the dominant colors for bathrooms, specified by more than 70 percent of respondents in 2014. Half expect to see gray continue to grow in 2015. Interestingly, several comments referenced purple, lavender and lilac.
Source: Kitchen & Bath Business, kbbonline.com
- It’s back again – Marcus LumberR...
- Winter wind been hard on your storm door? Repla...
- Here’s some splash of pastels from our pa...
- Who wouldn’t want pleasing and attractive...
- For a limited time, enjoy free foam fill on any...